Friday, October 30, 2009

Go Bears!

Our high school (the one I work at, not the school I went to) volleyball team is making their first appearance in the state tournament this weekend. I just wanted to say congrats and good luck (even though none of them know about my blog). This is the first time ever, in our school's history, that a volleyball team has won sub-state and went on to the state tournament. In addition, it has been since 1994 that our school has went to a state tournament in anything. Although I never played volleyball AT ALL or EVER, I did help coach some of these girls as 7th and 8th graders a few years back. Yes, I was the idiot new teacher who couldn't say no when asked, "Do you think you could coach middle school volleyball?"

For their efforts, all students got the day off today so they could travel to Hays to see them play. I, however, have to be at work today (since it is a contracted teacher day). But, thanks to the girls, I have a nice, quiet, peaceful workday.

Thank you ladies, and good luck! Go kick some butt!

1 comment:

Please leave a comment!