Monday, January 10, 2011

Let it snow...

Let it snow, let it snow. They say that you get to re-live your childhood when you have kids. Boy, that is so true. Buddy and I had fun in the snow today. I showed him how to make snow angels (which I hesitated on because I did not have waterproof pants on). It's funny how you have so many reservations as an adult, but as a kid, you just did whatever. I figured I would dry off eventually, so I went for it. Buddy made several snow angels, and he was wearing proper snow gear (thanks to Grandma & Grandpa Miller).

He kept wanting to make a snowman, but I couldn't get it to work. Maybe I am just challenged, but it seemed like the snow was too fluffy. It just fell apart when you tried to make a ball.

Here is our four-legged snow buddy, Abbie. She enjoys eating the snow and Buddy enjoyed throwing snow at her.

Here we are before our first trip down the hill in the sled. Buddy did not want to sled at first, but he changed his mind after watching me a few times. Before we came in, he was sledding down the hill by himself.

Ahh, the best part of going out to play in the snow is coming in afterward for hot chocolate. I'm not sure that last sentence made any sense. On the way in, he said, "Mom, I'm tired. It's hard to walk." I guess he is right. It was hard for me to walk and I'm not 3 feet tall. You go out and try to walk in snow that is up to your knees!!

***And the snow continues to fall. I keep checking the radar thinking the line of snow will move through, but snow continues to build behind it. We might have a foot before it ends tomorrow morning. Tonight, the wind is supposed to blow, so that means lots of drifting for those of us living in the middle of nowhere.

1 comment:

  1. The hot cocoa looks delicious! Marshmellows are the best. Way to go, Mom. I really wanted to take the kids sledding myself, but we haven't seemed to STOP and enjoy it. The few times we could have, someone wasn't up to par due to asthma. :( Darn cold weather! Can't we have snow fun without the cold?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!