Monday, January 31, 2011

First KU Men's Game

Buddy got to go to his first KU Men's game on Kansas Day against K-State. What a day! He even got to slap the hands of several players and Danny Manning. He enjoyed it and sat still for most of the game. Thanks to Aunt Cleo for the tickets!


This is my favorite picture from the day! This glass is actually somewhat clear, but it makes for a great picture! Buddy was born right before KU won the title 3 years ago, when Mario made this incredible shot. It is something we will always think is neat because he went to downtown Lawrence after KU beat North Carolina in the Final Four, and he went after KU won the national title!! People thought we were crazy, but we knew it was special because he was only 6 weeks old. It is a story he will get to grow up and tell everyone! Plus, I was on maternity leave and got to enjoy all of it!!

We also got to see this guy, Wayne Simien, get his jersey retired.

The best part is KU beat the heck out of K-State. We beat them so bad that Wally Judge decided to quit the team today. That team is a wreck and full of a bunch of babies! I don't like Frank Martin either!!

2 comments:

  1. What a great game for Buddy to attend for the first time. I think it's fitting he got to see the Showdown as his first. :) And I'm actually on the other side of the KSU thing...I feel bad for them. I think that Frank Martin seems like a genuine guy, and a good guy. I liked that they were bringing KSU around again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it difficult to like a coach that uses the f word in every other sentence when he is shown on tv. If that is how he acts when people are watching, who knows what he is like behind the scenes? Also, I hope Coach Self would bench a kid who said, "If we lose, and we have to go to the NIT, I will not play." So much for no "I" in team for Pullen or the rest of the team for that matter. I think the team is full of "I"'s and that is part of the problem.

    At first, I thought maybe Frank was getting a bad wrap too. The more I see of him and his team, the more I don't think too highly of him.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!