Monday, August 31, 2009

Potty Time

As my cousin has been working with her 16 month old on potty training, I decided it might be time for our 18 month old! So, I bought a potty ring for the toilet. It just sits on the regular toilet rather than having a separate potty chair. Buddy has pooped on it once and went pee on it twice already! Yeah for potty training! I'm sure he won't poop or pee on it again until he is 3, but at least we have a little success right now. I tried to get him to pee this morning on it, but I think he had already went pee by the time I got him out of bed!

Below is a pic from the weekend. He got a haircut this weekend too, and he looks like his uncle Howard and cousin Andy (at least we think so)!

2 comments:

  1. I agree, he does! :) At least he's using the potty, that's great. I think a lot of the problems others encounter are fears of using it, indifference, or outright refusal. If he's willing to hang around on it, he'll start learning what goes IN it...and then he'll learn how to feel/sense when that stuff is ready to exit his body, etc. :) At least that's my theory. Here's to hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure Hunter will be dropping kids off at the pool in no time!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!